Registered Dietitians at Franciscan Children’s ensure a balanced nutritional intake to optimize infants and children’s growth and development. Pediatric dietitians may help children who eat food, who are fed through a tube, or who receive nutrition through an IV. Dietitians make sure a child is receiving enough nutrition to grow properly.
Our dietitians provide services within various programs, including Inpatient Pulmonary and Rehabilitation Programs, McLean/Franciscan inpatient program, and on an outpatient basis include multidisciplinary clinics and teams.
At Franciscan Children’s, we offer clinical nutrition services including:
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Diabetes-Type 1 and Type 2
- Eating disorders
- Enteral nutrition monitoring
- Failure to thrive
- Fat malabsorption
- Feeding problems and feeding aversions
- Food allergies & intolerances
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Kidney disease
- Nutrition counseling and education
- Parenteral nutrition monitoring
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Sports nutrition
- Weight management (under/overweight)
- Other special healthcare needs
Referrals are accepted from physicians, parents, public and private schools, therapists, and other health agencies/providers. Franciscan Children’s is a provider for most area insurers as well as public and private agencies.
Clinic hours are Thursdays, 8:00am – 6:00pm. To make an appointment, please call 617-779-1500.Contact Now